- Free Shipping on all orders
- Please note, standard delivery may take longer for remote locations
- Gift cards are sent via standard delivery
Miyu Kiritsuke knives are one of the few multipurpose traditional Japanese blades that can be used as a Yanagi (fish slicer) or an Usuba (vegetable knife).
It is a very versatile knife that can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- Its lightweight, double bevel edged can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- A Truly Versatile Chef’s Knife (Miyu Kiritsuke) due to its ability to Rock and Chop and suite all cutting styles
- Damascus steel with 67-layers (VG10 Core and 33 Folded Damascus Layers) Corrosion resistant and tough with a Rockwell Hardness of HRC 62
- Fireball Damascus Steel Billet Pattern
- Unique Resin Handle in Various Colours
- Double Bevel Sharpened by Hand using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method where the blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages
- Full Tang Integrated Steel
Forged with imported VG-10 stainless steel - for the core blade material and 66 layers of Damascus Steel this blade will last a lifetime.
VG10 is stainless steel with a high carbon content containing:
Our Kiritsuke Resin Handle is made from wood and resin, which is chemically stabilized. The stabilizing process makes the wood tougher, supper durable, antibacterial, waterproof and less likely to warp or crack.
The Miyu Kiritsuke style of knife is suited to "rock chopping", "push cutting" and "pull cutting". our take on the Kiritsuke blade has been vigorously tested to be a true well-rounded knife.
- Full length: 34cm (8 inches)
- Blade length: 21cm
- Blade width: 4.7cm (The widest point)
- Blade thickness: 2.5 mm
- Net weight: 210g
- Handle length: 12.5cm
Damascus blades are made out of high carbon steel with small amounts of chromium in the alloy. While high in carbon steel, the blade can show rust if not cared for. You should ensure to keep the blades clean and dry to avoid rust or staining. Hand wash only.
Frequently Asked Questions - Free Shipping on all orders - Please note, standard delivery may take longer for remote locations. - Gift cards are sent via standard delivery.
First of these I’ve received. Looks great, weighted nicely and use every day. Will be buying more
Miyu Kiritsuke Damascus VG10 Steel Japanese Kitchen Knife with Resin Wood Handle
I bought it for my partner a Christmas gift. He loves it and loves using it.
I must say I'm very pleased with my kitchen knives they are as good as they say they are and also with comunicatons from the teem at sanduku