Kiritsuke knives are one of the few multipurpose traditional Japanese blades that can be used as a Yanagi (fish slicer) or an Usuba (vegetable knife).
It is a very versatile knife that can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- 7 Layers US 440C Steel Composite Steel- using high-quality steel, 7-layer composite steel as the core of the blade, combined with the high-carbon soft steel layer lost on each side, forming a beautiful and simple texture on the blade, high level of rust resistance, wear resistance, long-lasting performance And maximum sharpness. The hardness reaches 62HRC.
- Its lightweight, double bevel edged can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with a Gyuto (Chef's knife).
- A Truly Versatile Chef’s Knife (Kiritsuke) due to its ability to Rock and Chop and suite all cutting styles
- Highly Durable Blades - Each blade is individually tempered and has been sharpened by 8-12 degrees on each side by experienced craftsmen. This maintains high durability without rusting or dulling even after prolonged use.
- Fireball Damascus Steel Billet Pattern
Octagonal Handle - Handle made of Stable wood + carbon fibre, durable, highly resistant to heat, cold and moisture. To ensure a perfect ergonomic design, each handle is subjected to a rigorous finishing process.
- Double Bevel Sharpened by Hand using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method where the blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages
Forged with imported VG-10 stainless steel - for the core blade material and 66 layers of Damascus Steel this blade will last a lifetime.
Our Kiritsuke Octagonal Handle is made from wood, which is chemically stabilized. The stabilizing process makes the wood tougher and supper durable and less likely to warp or crack.
The Kiritsuke style of knife is suited to "rock chopping", "push cutting" and "pull cutting". our take on the Kiritsuke blade has been vigorously tested to be a true well-rounded knife.
Damascus blades are made out of high carbon steel with small amounts of chromium in the alloy. While high in carbon steel, the blade can show rust if not cared for. You should ensure to keep the blades clean and dry to avoid rust or staining. Hand wash only.
8-inch Chef Knife
Full length: 342mm, Blade length: 201mm,
Blade width: 48mm, Blade thickness: 2.5mm,
Net weight: 185g,
Frequently Asked Questions
Standard Delivery (7-10 business days*)
- - Free Shipping on all orders
- - Please note, standard delivery may take longer for remote locations.
- - Gift cards are sent via standard delivery.
* Current delivery times are around 7-10 days but please be aware that we state our shipping and processing can be 7-15.
We also aim to ship our order in the fastest time possible. All order are also shipped during working hours Mon-Fri (not including bank holidays) Please allow longer shipping times during extreme busy periods i.e Christmas.
We are also not responsible for delays that are out of our hands or wrongly inputted addresses. Our shipping times are for major locations around the world - USA - UK - Europe, all other locations may have a slightly longer shipping time depending on the location.
Yes! Any unopened items can be returned to us within 30 days of delivery for a refund. Take a look at our Make A Returns for more information.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Apple Pay, Google Pay,
We recommend using a whetstone to sharpen your knives. We have a range on our website and also have some articles on our blog, which talk you through the best way to look after and sharpen your knives, including recommended angles, etc
Knives should never go in the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent is very abrasive, and along with the banging around that happens during a wash cycle, will take the sharp edge right off your knife. The high heat can also damage the handle or misshape it. Always wash knives by hand in the sink with dish soap and water and dry after.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
My boyfriend absolutely loved it as a birthday present! The cut is so effortless every time. Be careful - it’s insanely sharp!
We absolutely love it! Beautiful sharp high quality and we have it on display in our kitchen. Great knife!!!!
Top quality knife very sharp took a little longer than normal to get here due to brexit but well worth the wait has pride of place in my kitchen definitely recommend
This was a christmas present for my son and he is very happy with it. Would buy again.
Beautiful knives and very good customer service